100. i have no desire to try hot and sour soup; that is what RASAM is for...
99. if i were trapped on a deserted island, and i was only allowed one book, i think i'd take wikram seth's "a suitable boy"
--- are bells going off in some of your heads right about now? "oh, so THAT'S why she-" yeah. exactly. ---
b/c it's such a long book and i've never read the legislative parts (have mercy!) in their entirety. i'm always reading it. i first read it when it came out, years ago, and then i closed it, sighed, started to feel bereft that it was over...and so i opened it again minutes later. it stayed on my nightstand for several years, and i'd read it every night before going to bed. i've been through it four times. suddenly i wonder if my insomnia in CA is related to the fact that my "suitable" book is in nyc...w/the rest of my
98. the only sport i've ever played was indoor futbol.
97. the trouble with kittens is that they end up as cats. blech.
96. i'm an amazing catholic even though i'm not. and despite the fact that my father's fam is RABIDLY anti-catholic.
90. i prefer haagen-dazs pista kulfi to jen and berry's
89. my father chose all of my library books when i was four or five and he chose damn fucking well:
- the nightingale
- whatever else he picked.
88. my soccer sandals are the original blue and white adidas...and they've been mine since '93
87. i'm allergic to small furry worthless housepe(s)ts: cats, hamsters, rodents, chinchillas, gerbils, ferrets, rabbits...etc etc.
86. i keep kosher, for the most part. i was better at it back east.
80. i prefer decaf and so do you (for me). trust me.
79. when i was a small girl and my parents wanted to really fuck my shit up, they'd ground me by taking away my library card. since i read (on average) about three dozen books a week, i'd weep and beg for a beating instead. every parent should aspire to THAT level of absolute nerdiness in their offspring; "no, daddy, PLEASE...ANYTHING but my books...please don't take my books..."
78. i hope and PRAY i marry an ex-footballer...have mercy them boys is foyne.
77. my puppy rani, had a slightly older brother named raja...they were littermates. he died in '02.
76. i don't get these huge arena churches or churches that use rock and roll in their ministry. and i will NEVER wear a pair of pants to sunday services. ugh. fucking barbarians. i like formal.
70. i don't drink coffee or tea w/o CREAM. fuck that herbal shit.
69. when i worked at barnes and noble in college, i spent almost exactly as much as i made.
68. if i can't have a soccer player, then someone who was on the swim team will do.
67. my first puppy was a german shepherd/wolf hybrid and he was flawless, gorgeous, brilliant and pure sweetness. his paws were as big as your face.
66. my family is vegetarian for religious reasons, so don't try and fuck with that. (i.e. comment derisively, try to convince me it's wrong etc).
60. i've been vegetarian since conception-- mom's pregnancy was fueled by green grapes and strawberry ice cream and our household was viciously veggie.
59. when i ask someone what the last book they've read is, and they ask "do magazines count, b/c all i read is Maxim. Cosmo. Pneumatic Retards Monthly."... i feel like throttling them and saying "NO YOU SAD MOTHERFUCKER, MAGAZINES MOST CERTAINLY DO *NOT* COUNT!!!! WHAT ARE YOU, A BLOW-ADDICTED FERRET WITH ADD???"
58. my dad used to get my doctor to write me a note excusing me from PE a year at a time...he was terrified i'd get hurt.
57. my wolf puppy used to jump up to kiss my uncle on the nose, resting his paws on my uncles shoulders...my uncle is 6'1.
56. the zen class i took last year changed my life. mindfulness. that's the answer to EVERYTHING.
50. i don't drink soda unless it's vintage, glass bottled-coke and it's going in my WHISKEY.
49. once, when on a date with an adorable indian boy who had eyes you could melt in...i asked "what is your favourite book?" he said. "oh. i don't read. books suck." i smiled sweetly, excused myself, and LEFT.
48. thanks to my congenitally fucked up knees, i can't run for shit. that's why i interval train.
47. my wolf puppy died in '96. :( RIP... R.M. Singh.
40. yes, i CAN taste the difference between evian and other waters. fuck you if that bothers you.
39. when i read a book, you can't tell that i have; i don't bend pages, scratch the cover or otherwise leave it molested. when someone borrows one of my books and they return it looking shitty, i'm livid. words are sacred, you philistines.
38. i don't know how to swim. i'm serious. i'm not pressed though...that shit fucks with your hair.
37. my dogs have always been outside doggies. moms and veena are deathly allergic.
36. there's never been a moment of my life when i DIDN'T believe in G-d.
30. black and coke is good. gold and coke is better than french kissing.
29. i went through a phase where i read nothing but stephen king. what's amusing about this is how i was so terrified; every night, before i went to bed i'd rush outside my room, drop the book WAY out in the hallway, and then run hastily back to my bedroom as if cujo himself was nipping at my cowardly heels. i refused to sleep in the same room with his books. :( haven't read him in well over a decade. i'm a fraidy cat and PROUD of it. :)
28. baseball is the sport i like the least. p.s. bowling and golf are not sports as far as i'm concerned. go fuck yourself if you disagree. i don't think F-1 is really a sport either, as much as a pastime of the Gods.
27. if i don't have dogs, i have fish. that's it for pets for Anna. i LOVE fishies though. :)
26. when i was little, i wanted to be a nun.
20. i go through these bizarre appetite-free periods in life where i am sustained solely on liquids; when i was two, it was similac. when i was 20 it was whole milk. ever since 27, it's been chocolate BOOST.
19. anastasia krupnik. beezus and ramona. deenie.
18. my daddy loved playing footie. i wish he had taught me when i was little. he sent me to tennis lessons, which ended prematurely, instead.
17. i kinda want an itty bitty doggie. like a yorkie. or a pug.
16. for the first two decades of my life, i NEVER missed church.
10. there are at least half a dozen types of cheese in my fridge at all times.
9. if i wrote a well-loved children's book, i'd consider it my greatest accomplishment EVER.
8. despite living a life that was free of athleticism, i want my kids to play assloads of sports.
7. i don't like pitts. or rotts. i obviously don't have issues with big dogs, my dogs all weigh(ed) around 100 lbs. originally, i was supposed to get a Mastiff.
6. i think G-d lives at St. Patrick's cathedral. to me, it's the holiest place on earth.
1. i love okra as much as i hate cooked onions; my favourite fruits are mango, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, tangerines, cherries, pineapple and kiwis, almost in that order. my favourite fruit masquerading as a wegetable is the tomato. i fucking love those things.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
i know, this isn't complete. i've been working on it...more soon.